The Ypsomed Group as a leader in the development and production of injection systems for self-medication is concerned about the protection of your personal information. Ypsomed Canada Inc. is committed to complying with applicable Canadian privacy laws.
When you use the Website, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Ypsomed in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy.
Operator of the Websites
Our Websites are operated by the Ypsomed AG group of companies, located at:
The Websites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. Minors should seek the permission of their parents or legal guardian before using or disclosing personal information on the Websites.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the prior, verifiable consent of a parent or legal guardian. However, in the event we learn that we have collected personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will promptly delete that information. Parents or legal guardians may have the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and, where appropriate, require that it be deleted.
Collection and use of personal information
Some personal information of Website visitors is collected automatically, while other personal information is provided to us directly by visitors.
We occasionally collect and use personal information provided by you that directly identifies you, including your name, contact information (e.g. phone number, address, etc.), email address, province and city of residence, subscription preferences and information you provide to allow us to process your inquiry or request.
We will only process your personal information for the purposes and reasons specified in this Policy or during the collection process, to which you consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law, including for the following purposes:
- Processing and responding to your requests or inquiries;
- Statistical analyses to improve our Websites;
- To tailor the content off our website to the interests of the visitors or to improve the Websites in general on the basis of statistical evaluations.
- To personalize your experience;
- To register you for and send you newsletters, media mailing lists, updates or other communications concerning our products, promotions, educational programs and services;
- To maintain the Websites for security purposes;
- To identify and correct any errors or technical difficulties encountered by Website users; and
- To comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
Automatically collected information
Our Websites log all inquiries and accesses by visitors to our Websites and automatically store this information as server log files. Server log files are used on an aggregated or anonymized basis to analyse how you interact with the Website.
The following information is logged in this way:
- the pages you visit
- the time you access the Website
- information about your computer (including its operating system, browser and browser version) and its location
- how you arrived at the Website; and
- IP address used (if necessary, and only in anonymized form)
Personal information that is automatically collected is used for statistical analysis and to improve the Websites. Ypsomed will not use this information to identify you.
Information that you provide us
At times, you may provide us with your personal information in order to subscribe to our newsletter, media mailing lists, updates or other communications concerning our products, promotions, educational program and services, or when you utilize the contact form on the Websites, including your
- your name;
- your email address;
- the country where you live;
- your subscription preferences
- the educational program or information session for which you would like to register; and
- any personal information you disclose in the subject or body of your communication with us.
Cookies are small text files that are temporarily or permanently placed on your computer’s hard drive or mobile device by a website server. Each cookie is uniquely assigned to your web browser and can only be read by that browser. It contains some anonymous information and allows the website to recognize entries and settings made over a certain period of time and to remember your preferences – e.g. your choice of language.
We classify the cookies we use in the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Targetied advertising cookies These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. If you accept these cookies, your personal information may be used by our advertising partners to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other websites.
Newsletter provider Evalanche
Zoom Video Communications
Third Party Cookies
Our Websites may contain “share” buttons to various social networking platforms. To enable our visitors to share the content of our Websites on the social networking platform, we use the "Shariff" solution on our Websites. Accordingly, visitors to our Websites are not directly tracked by the social networking platforms once they enter our Websites. A connection between a visitor and the social networking platform is only established when visitors click on one of the “share” button. Shariff itself does not collect Website visitors personal information.
The collection, use, disclosure, access to, retention and handling of personal information on or by a third party website or social media platform is governed by the website’s or platform’s own privacy practices, including their privacy policies, as may be amended from time to time. Ypsomed has no liability or responsibility for such websites’ or platforms’ handling of personal information. We recommend that you carefully review and consider the privacy policies and practices of a website or social media platform before sharing any personal information with or on the platform and review that website or platform’s policies and practices periodically to understand any updates or changes.
We implement technical, physical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect your personal information against loss, theft or unauthorized access, retrieval, disclosure, use or modification.
During transmission, we protect your personal information using an encryption process (e.g. SSL) via HTTPS. Our provider secures the servers by means of firewall and virus protection, creates regular back-ups and works with role and authorisation concepts.
Although we take steps to safeguard the personal information under our control, "perfect security" does not exist online or elsewhere. In particular, we cannot guarantee the security of information posted or transmitted using our Websites or via email. It is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access such information.
Your personal information may be kept in electronic or paper format at Quebec (Canada), the United States, Frankfurt am Main (Germany), Switzerland, Ireland or elsewhere within the European Union.
Retention of Personal Information
When your personal information is no longer needed by Ypsomed for the purposes described in this Policy, or legally permissible reasons, we will securely delete or anonymize your personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, we may share Website visitors’ personal information with another person or entity in the following circumstances:
- Our Websites are operated by our parent company, Ypsomed AG, which is located in Switzerland. Ypsomed AG processes your personal information on our behalf and only for the same purposes as we do.
- Your personal information will be accessible to employees of Ypsomed and Ypsomed AG who have a need to know such information. Employees of the Marketing and IT Department process aggregate information to understand how our visitors use our websites and to improve the user experience. Customer service employees process the data you provide in order to process and answer your inquiries.
- We may share your personal information with or make it accessible to certain contracted service providers, including:
- our e-newsletter provider Evalanche, located in Germany (as described further above);
- our video hosting provider Zoom Video Communications, Inc., located in the United States (as described in Zoom Video Communications); and
- our web hosting provider hostingmaxcluster GmbH, located in Germany, who may have access to any personal information collected from or about Website Visitors and who will only use such personal information for those purposes set out in this Policy or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- There are certain circumstances where Ypsomed may collect, use or disclose your personal information without notice or consent when permitted or required by law or lawful authority. For example, from time to time, we may be compelled by legal action to release personal information, including, for example, when responding to a subpoena, or in the case of a search warrant, court order or other legally binding request;
- We may also disclose personal information to government agencies in connection with our legal reporting or other regulatory obligations; and
- In certain circumstances, we may also be permitted by law to disclose personal information without the consent of the individual concerned. For example, we may disclose personal information without consent in certain emergency circumstances.
Please note that we may change or add third party service providers at any time, in our sole discretion, either in Canada or elsewhere. We encourage you to review our Policy periodically to obtain updated information about our service providers.
We will never transfer or sell personal information of our Website visitors to a third party unless such transfer is in compliance with applicable privacy laws. We require all such third parties to comply with data protection standards.
International Transfer of Personal Information
The global nature of our business sometimes requires us to use service providers and to disclose personal information to our parent company, located in the United States, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, or elsewhere within the European Union. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred outside of Canada to a country that does not have the same data protection laws as Canada. Such personal information will be subject to the legal requirements of the applicable foreign jurisdiction(s) and may be accessible to courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in each jurisdiction where it is accessed or stored.
Please contact our Data Protection Officer at the below coordinates if you would like to:
- Ask any questions or express any concerns about this Policy or any other matter related to our collection, use, protection, retention or disclosure of your personal information;
- Access, correct or update your personal information, or request an accommodation in connection with exercising such rights;
- Withdraw your consent to our continued use or disclosure of your personal information, subject to reasonable notice and legal restrictions; or
- Request a copy of this Policy in another format.
Please direct all such requests in writing to our Data Protection Officer at:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
You may ask for access to the personal information that we hold about you, as well as for information about our handling of your personal information. Access will generally be provided free of charge; however, if you request that information be copied or transmitted to you, we may charge a reasonable fee where permitted by applicable law. In certain circumstances, we may decline or be unable to provide access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, where permitted or required by applicable law. If we do not provide you with access, we will generally provide you with an explanation.
To the extent that our Websites contain links to other sites or social media platforms, the owners of those sites and platforms are responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other sites and platforms. We do not endorse and will not be responsible for the privacy practices on third party websites or social media platforms.
(Status: October 2020)