The Ypsomed Group as a leader in the development and production of injection systems for self-medication is concerned about the protection of your personal information. Ypsomed Canada Inc. is committed to complying with applicable Canadian privacy laws.
When you contact Ypsomed as a buyer and consumer, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Ypsomed in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy.
It is possible that other privacy policies may apply instead of or in addition to this explanation. Please see https://www.ypsomed.com/en-CA/data-privacy.html for more information.
Ypsomed Canada Inc.
1 Holiday Avenue, Suite 605
Pointe-Claire, QC H9R 5N3
Telephone: 514 - 695 - 5959
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the prior, verifiable consent of a parent or legal guardian. However, in the event we learn that we have collected personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will promptly delete that information. Parents or legal guardians may have the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and, where appropriate, require that it be deleted.
Collection and use of personal information
We process personal data which we receive directly from you or which is transmitted to us by third parties (e.g. the healthcare professional, the treating physician, diabetes clinic) for the purpose of processing and responding to your requests or inquiries, marketing, fulfilling the contract or on the basis of your consent, including your:
- Your contact data: name, date of birth, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- Your ordering data: shipping and billing address, quantity, product, health insurance details and provincial health plan.
- Health data: scan of the physician's prescription, type of care (initial/ follow-up care), therapy data (e.g. type and status of therapy, type of diabetes, insulin pump used);
- Data of the medical institution;
- Your subscription preferences
- Additionally for minors: declaration of consent of a parent or legal guardian, name of a parent or legal guardian.
- In addition in case of legal support, persons in need of care: information on the caregiver, diabetes clinic, declaration of consent of the legal guardian/diabetes clinic; and any personal information you disclose in the subject or body of your communication with us.
- Information you disclose in your communication with us.
In order to inform you about or products and services, we will use personal information provided by you (e.g. name, phone number, email address, postal address etc.), when you inquire about or purchase our products or services, provide your consent to receive personalized marketing communication, sign up or subscribe to our newsletter, media mailing lists, updates or other communications concerning our products, promotions, educational programs, and services.
If you would like to opt-out from receiving such information or withdraw your consent, you can use the unsubscribe or opt-out method described to you in marketing communication you have received, or contact us under Ypsomed Canada Inc., 1 Holiday Avenue, Suite 605, Pointe-Claire, QC H9R 5N3, Telephone: 514 - 695 – 5959, E-mail: email@example.com.
Newsletter provider Evalanche
We implement technical, physical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect your personal information against loss, theft or unauthorized access, retrieval, disclosure, use or modification.
Retention of Personal Information
When your personal information is no longer needed by Ypsomed for the purposes described in this Policy, or legally permissible reasons, we will securely delete of or anonymize your personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, we may share customers’ personal information with another person or entity in the following circumstances:
- The databases are located on the parent company’s servers, Ypsomed AG, which is located in Switzerland. Ypsomed AG processes your personal information on our behalf and only for the same purposes as we do.
- Your personal information will be accessible to employees of Ypsomed and Ypsomed AG who have a need to know such information. Employees of the Marketing and IT Department for maintenance and support. Customer service employees process the data you provide in order to process and answer your inquiries.
- We may share your personal information with or make it accessible to certain contracted service providers, including:
- the courier delivery services / logistics service providers commissioned by us;
- our e-newsletter provider Evalanche, located in Germany (as described further above);
- printers, letter shops;3rd party distribution and central warehousing.
- There are certain circumstances where Ypsomed may collect, use or disclose your personal information without notice or consent when permitted or required by law or lawful authority. For example, from time to time, we may be compelled by legal action to release personal information, including, for example, when responding to a subpoena, or in the case of a search warrant, court order or other legally binding request;
- We may also disclose personal information to government agencies in connection with our legal reporting or other regulatory obligations; and
- In certain circumstances, we may also be permitted by law to disclose personal information without the consent of the individual concerned. For example, we may disclose personal information without consent in certain emergency circumstances.
Please note that we may change or add third party service providers at any time, in our sole discretion, either in Canada or elsewhere. We encourage you to review our Policy periodically to obtain updated information about our service providers.
We will never transfer or sell personal information of our Website visitors to a third party unless such transfer is in compliance with applicable privacy laws. We require all such third parties to comply with data protection standards.
International Transfer of Personal Information
The global nature of our business sometimes requires us to use service providers and to disclose personal information to our parent company, located in Switzerland. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred outside of Canada to a country that does not have the same data protection laws as Canada. Such personal information will be subject to the legal requirements of the applicable foreign jurisdiction(s) and may be accessible to courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in each jurisdiction where it is accessed or stored.
Please contact our Data Protection Officer at the below coordinates if you would like to:
- Ask any questions or express any concerns about this Policy or any other matter related to our collection, use, protection, retention or disclosure of your personal information;
- Access, correct or update your personal information, or request an accommodation in connection with exercising such rights;
- Withdraw your consent to our continued use or disclosure of your personal information, subject to reasonable notice and legal restrictions; or
- Request a copy of this Policy in another format.
Please direct all such requests in writing to our Data Protection Officer at:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Ypsomed Canada Inc.
1 Holiday Avenue, Suite 605
Pointe-Claire, QC H9R 5N3
Telephone: 514 - 695 – 5959
You may ask for access to the personal information that we hold about you, as well as for information about our handling of your personal information. Access will generally be provided free of charge; however, if you request that information be copied or transmitted to you, we may charge a reasonable fee where permitted by applicable law. In certain circumstances, we may decline or be unable to provide access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, where permitted or required by applicable law. If we do not provide you with access, we will generally provide you with an explanation.
(Status: November 2020)